Friday 19th July, 2013

Guest Blogger TESSA MORLEY writes about celebrating her 29th birthday in the Cricket Australia families box at Lord's.

"This day in 1984, after 30 hours, forceps, and a blood transfusion, my mum held me on her arms for the first time. Today in 2013 I get to celebrate my 29th birthday at Lords Cricket Ground on day two of the Second Ashes Test! My day started with a quick happy birthday from Grant before he was on the team bus and headed to the ground.

The ladies on tour know what it's like to have a partner whose job overrides 'special' or 'important' occasions. Therefore they have a wonderful knack of making other girls on tour feel extra special on days like today. My first surprises were a gift bag full of Percy Pigs from Carly, a happy birthday song from Virginia, and a slobbery piece of croissant thrown in my direction from little Romy.

The days play had begun and just before lunch we were all called inside for a 'brief'. The doors were closed, as we all stand inside the hospitality box. Are we in trouble? Well... there's a first for everything! Sarah then comes out with a gorgeous chocolate cake, candles, and Virginia hands me a huge envelope with a GREAT birthday card and a 'colour me in Kate' colouring book (it's hilarious). A very royal gift from some very thoughtful and kind friends who have made my first English birthday one to remember.

Now all I need is Hugh Jackman (he is here somewhere) to pop by and give me a birthday hug. I'm waiting Hugh!" - TM


Happy birthday Tessa!